Dec 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Trip to SD

Christine picked me up at the airport. She looked so pale. I was expecting to see her happy and cheery face. But there's none of that. I thought she looked a little strange but didn't realize what it was. Now I know. She's scare to death by the airport traffic. Poor baby. I guess the twenty-minute drive to the airport was so stressful that all her facial expression vanished.

But even after a few days I still think that there's something missing for the trip. There wasn't enough conversations going back and forth among us. The closest to a 4-way conversation I could think of was when we were having the rose discussion in the Balboa Park.

After this trip, I think there's no way I can live in California any more. That kind of lifestyle would kill me in a few days.

Here's my little thoughts/comparison to my North Carolina trip:

Both are rural. Dead quiet at home. Drive to get to everywhere.

Durham:
looks dirty and worn-out at some places
Southern fast food, fried chicken restaurants; not enough Asian food
Drive in the woods

San Diego:
consistently clean
Clean air, clean road, beautiful buildings, gorgeous coves and downtown
Plenty of Asian food, others, high class seafood
Drive in a desert

At least for me, it appears that the all-time popular city San Diego doesn't even match up to a lesser-known city in the east coast!! The moral is: I probably won't consider moving back to California for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me